Tuesday 21 March 2017

Time to say goodbye.

In 1981, we re-commissioned 815 Naval Air Squadron at Yeovilton to operate the then, new Lynx helicopter.  Thursday, I'm attending the de-commissioning ceremony for the aircraft.  I can't say that it will be a sad affair because it is being replaced by a much superior modern machine, one arguably really a Mark 10 Lynx (blasphemy to say that I'm told).  More to the point there will lots of us from the early days attending and there is no chance at all that we won't end up in the wardroom bar afterwards.  It is also the official launch of my book on the Lynx, so hopefully we'll sell loads.  I'll be taking my camera and any interesting photos will appear here and/or on my FB page.
Its another anniversay soon, as 35 years ago some South American idiots thought they could take on the might of the Royal Navy - hah!  Five years ago I used this blog to post day by day, my experiences at the time using my flying log book as the reference.  As it's some time ago, I am going to resurrect those posts and repost them in the same time frame. (This has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that my books are advertised next to my posts).

1981:

815  Squadron recommissioning  at RNAS Yeovilton. HMS Andromeda ship's flight with 'ARFA' our Mark 2 Lynx in the backgound and me wearing a pair of clown's trousers.

No comments:

Post a Comment