Friday 1 September 2017

Over the hump

A milestone - I hit 40,000 words today on the latest 'Jon Hunt' which is a psychological half way. More importantly, I've got over the major 'plot hump'. This is the point where I've written myself totally into a corner and can't for the life of me work out where to go next, despite the fact that I know how I want the story to end. It's seems to be something I experience with all my books. The only way to solve the problem is to do anything but write. We've had family down for the last week and I've been concentrating on playing my usually crappy game of golf. This morning I sat down in front of the computer and started hitting the keys. Suddenly, from nowhere, the words started to appear and I could see the way ahead. There's still lots to do but now I know where I'm going I reckon I should be finished in a couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment